Travelling to Granada
These are the two main options to fly to Granada:
1) The most comfortable option is flying to Granada airport. Most likely, this will oblige you to make a stopover in Madrid, Barcelona, or some other airport with direct flights to Granada. On arrival you can quickly and easily reach your hotel by bus or by taxi.
2) You can save money (and even time if the connection is not good) flying to Malaga, Spain’s third biggest international airport with connections all over the world (125 km from Granada). There are buses directly linking Malaga airport and Granada. See more detailed explanations below. It is also very easy to rent a car at Malaga airport or to find modern means of transportation (sharing economy).
- Bus Granada Airport - Granada
The operating company is Alsa whose name is normally displayed on the side of each bus. There is no specific time of departure for the buses from the airport to Granada; the bus leaves after the arrival of each flight. It usually takes 20-25 mins to Granada Bus Station. The fare is 3 euros from the Airport to Granada city center. The ticket is purchased directly on the bus and there is no need to book.
- Taxi Granada Airport – Granada
A taxi from Granada airport to downtown Granada costs around 30-35 euros and takes 20 minutes.
- Bus Malaga Airport - Granada
Malaga is the biggest international airport close to Granada and there are many cheap flights to the main European airports. Malaga airport is 125km from Granada and it takes about 90 minutes to drive from Malaga to Granada. There are direct buses from Málaga airport to Granada bus station. The journey by bus takes between 90 minutes and 120 minutes.
Getting around the city
- Getting to (and around) Granada
- Local buses
- Alhambra and Generalife
- University of Granada